Engaged Banker eXperience is individual coaching and group training based on behavioral science and carefully crafted to increase employee engagement, performance, and wellbeing.
It is delivered by Lon Langston. Lon has 30 years of business experience, 11 years of studying and teaching behavioral science, and 6 years of working with community banks.
EBX content is delivered via 8 experiences:
- A weekly videocast designed for both visual and auditory learners, featuring easily absorbable, immediately applicable tips, techniques, and nudges, accessible on any device, for employees at all levels in your bank.
- Short articles emailed to all your bank’s employees, featuring the content from the videocast, in written form.
- Executive Coaching – one-on-one confidential conversations in which leaders can:
- Access an external perspective
- Get a second opinion
- Vent fears and frustrations
- Vet ideas
- Receive candid (and compassionate) feedback
- Improve communication effectiveness
- Learn proven techniques for increasing performance, satisfaction, and fulfillment
- Cone Conversations – a safe space for employees to vent fears and frustrations and to gain perspective
- Videoed Executive Interviews – a classic two-chair interview, in which Lon leads an executive through a series of questions curated to connect with employees, an edited version of which is then sent to employees.
- Anonymous Employee Interviews – Lon captures individual responses to open-ended questions in each employee’s own words and delivers the anonymized responses, organized by topic, to the executive team.
- Facilitated Town Hall Meetings – Lon asks your bank’s executives questions, based on the anonymous employee interviews, in front of a live audience of employees. (No gotcha questions and execs are prepared in advance)
- The Course in Professional Development – a group training for the next leaders of your bank that meets in-person 10 half-days, over a year. This course will improve the performance of employees by deeply exploring the following topics, and by teaching tools and practices for real-life application:
- Building on Bedrock Principles
- Improving Self-Awareness
- Leveraging Intrinsic Motivation
- Embracing Change
- Managing Luck (good and bad)
- Increasing Self-Confidence
- Applying Deliberate Practice
- Communicating Clearly
- Using Goal Setting Effectively
- Contributing to Organizational Culture
How many times have you heard a good conference speaker or read a good book and wished your whole team could learn what you learned? Maybe you even tried to convey the information to your team, but it just didn’t have the same impact.
EBX works like a 3D printer. A 3D printer builds an object thin layer by thin layer.
EBX builds your employees’ confidence, competence, focus, and drive, day by day, week by week.
EBX hacks the way the brain learns best, to make your employees great, incremental step by incremental step.
People retain the most when they absorb information in small batches, with space between each learning session. We all use several learning styles (watching, listening, reading, doing), with different people depending more on different styles. EBX delivers the information and encouragement your employees need to thrive, in all learning styles.
If you try to blaze a new trail through a thick forest, it is tough going. But as you cut away the branches and clear the brush and smooth out the path, it becomes easier and easier to travel. At first, forward progress is tough. Over time, it gets faster and easier, until, eventually, you can run down the trail.
In the same way, over time, EBX enhances neuropathways, until your employees are naturally more competent, confident, focused, and driven.